Director of Investment
- Head Office, Banjul, The Gambia
- Posted Date: 29th January 2024
- End Date: 25th March 2024
JOB VACANCY: DIRECTOR OF INVESTMENT
Job Title: Director of Investment
Employment Type: Permanent Appointment
Reports to: Managing Director
Work Location: Head Office, Banjul
Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation is Gambia's sole provider of social protection services supporting over 9,579 employers by providing access to those services that best suit the needs of its members. Over the past 40 years, we have set up three schemes, the Federated Pension, the National Provident, and the Industrial Injuries Compensation enabling the Corporation to provide the broadest range of social care solutions in the Gambia. We support our members to prepare for their retirement years by paying into a pension pot or setting aside savings and protect them against loss of income due to injury or ill health. We also provide affordable housing and have grown to become the largest estate developer in the nation completing over 6,000 affordable housing units over the last 40 years.
SSHFC CORE VALUES (TRACE-IT)
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Director of Investment (DOI) is directly answerable to the Managing Director (MD); and shall assist the MD in taking investment decisions. DOI is responsible for the growth of the investment portfolio by sourcing and negotiating bankable investments. He/She shall be leading and supervising the day-to-day running of the Investment Department and giving technical advice to Management on investment opportunities and matters. The DOI has a functional relationship with all relevant departments and committees of the Corporation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are the key duties and responsibilities of the Director:
- Provide leadership to Investment Department.
- Source, negotiate, and execute bankable investment opportunities through engagements with relevant government and private institutions.
- Advise on bankable investment opportunities that will lead to growth and development of the investment portfolio.
- Lead in the development of policy documents relating to the department.
- Perform investment functions in line with national laws, National Development Plan, Corporate policies and best practices as well as implementing strategies that will best serve the Corporation.
- Advise or develop appropriate investment model(s) using contemporary software.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS (QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- MBA/Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, and Financial Management, or any relevant qualification at such level with six years of relevant post-qualification experience at senior management level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, and Financial Management, or any relevant qualification at such level or ACCA/CIMA/CPA or any relevant professional qualification with eight years relevant post -qualification experience; the last five years of which shall be at senior management level.
- In-depth knowledge of the national laws and regulations relating to investment.
- In-depth knowledge of appraisal techniques and principles.
- Advanced financial modelling skills.
- Investment evaluation techniques.
- Advanced Microsoft Offices.
- Apply sound business judgement and analytical problem-solving techniques.
- Coordinate with relevant institutions in resource mobilization for bankable investment projects.
- Motivational speaker.
- Change manager and be able to work on tight deadlines.
- Team player and motivator.
- Need top-notch language and writing skills to craft and deliver comprehensive reports/policies for presentation to the Board of Directors, Senior Management, and crucial stakeholders within and outside the Corporation.
- Proven leadership experience in directing, coordinating, and managing work activities and staff performance to achieve set targets and plans.
- Excellent people management skills at a senior level and demonstrated ability to build a productive and motivated team.
- Must have high integrity and consistently maintain a high level of ethical behaviour and professionalism.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is on the 25th March, 2024.
For information on Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation, including more information on employee benefits and our corporate culture, visit our website at www.sshfc.gm.
All applicants will receive an acknowledgement that their application has been received within six (6) weeks from the closing date. Those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted within eight (8) weeks of the closing date.]
Social Security and Housing Finance Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Department Investment department
- Minimum Qualification BSc in Finance & Accounting and Financial Management
- Location Head office, banjul
- Job Type Permanent
- Experience 8 Years
- Job Status Active
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, you are welcome to contact on +220 4228688.